Audience: Franklin University Instructors setting up access to McGraw-Hill ALEKS for your Canvas courses.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
There are 3 main McGraw-Hill Platforms used for e-textbooks with Courseware at Franklin University:
- Connect (sometimes called Connect Plus)
- Connect Math
This article is about ALEKS.
Accessing McGraw-Hill ALEKS
Access McGraw-Hill ALEKS using the Canvas course left-hand navigation menu.
The First Time you Access McGraw-Hill ALEKS
1. The first time a new user tries to access ALEKS through Canvas, ALEKS will auto create a user account.
2. Choose No, I am new to ALEKS.
4. This completes the user creation. Click on Continue.
Pairing a Canvas section with an McGraw-Hill ALEKS
1. If the section is not yet paired with McGraw-Hill ALEKS class, the following screen will show up.
2. Select A New Section Under an ALEKS Master Template and choose the correct template.
3. Enter the section name consistent with Franklin’s section (for example: H1WW) and click on Save.
4. This completes the pairing process.
The next time you access this object, it will bring you to the McGraw-Hill ALEKS class immediately as shown below.
For more information about using McGraw-Hill Courseware: Click Here