Audience: Franklin University Instructors setting up access to McGraw-Hill Connect for your BlueQuill courses.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
There are 3 main McGraw-Hill Platforms used for e-textbooks with Courseware at Franklin University:
- Connect (sometimes called Connect Plus)
- Connect Math
This article is about Connect.
Accessing CONNECT and Course Pairing
Instructors will access the CONNECT via a BlueQuill course object that looks similar to the following. You may be asked to agree to the terms and conditions when opening the book.
1. If the section is not yet paired with CONNECT course, the following screen will show up.
2. Select A Section in an existing Connect course and choose the correct Connect course. If you are teaching multiple sections at the same time, you are likely to see multiple links there. Please check with your lead faculty if you are not sure which one to pair with.
3. This completes the pairing processing. The next time you access this object, it will bring you to the CONNECT course immediately.
There are 2 reasons why you may encounter the following error message. For both issues, you will need to contact your Lead Faculty for more information:
1. The Lead Faculty has not shared the course in CONNECT with you. Please contact your Lead Faculty to have them share the course with you. Please see the next section to make sure the Lead Faculty uses the correct email address.
2. This issue can happen if your Lead Faculty has not shared the course with your correct email address. Your correct email address uses the format: [firstname].[lastname]@franklin.edu
Background: Your official email address uses the format: [firstname].[lastname]@franklin.edu. Your username is used to log into BlueQuill and uses a portion of your last name and first initial(s) of your first name. There is an email alias for many users that allows an email sent to the email format [username]@franklin.edu to forward to their official email address.
Example – User, John Doe. Username to access BlueQuill, doej. You official email address, email@example.com. Email forwarding setup by our admins, firstname.lastname@example.org forwards to email@example.com.
Solution: Contact your Lead Faculty and have them share the course in CONNECT with your official email address [firstname].[lastname]@franklin.edu. CONNECT will not pair correctly if the course is paired with your email alias [username]@franklin.edu.
If you previously used the [username]@franklin.edu email address to access CONNECT, you must now use [firstname].[lastname]@franklin.edu when going from BlueQuill into CONNECT. This will create a second instructor account for you. Both may exists simultaneously in CONNECT. However, BlueQuill always uses your [firstname].[lastname]@franklin.edu when communicating behind the scenes to CONNECT.
For more information about using McGraw-Hill Courseware: Click Here