Audience: Franklin University Adjunct, Faculty and Staff.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
To protect Franklin University and to encourage proper records management, all email messages that are more than two years old are automatically deleted.
As such, emails deleted via this design cannot be recovered by you or by our IT administrators. Such emails are permanently deleted.
The email retention policy has been created and agreed upon by University leadership and is located here: Please Click Here
- The link directly above is only viewable to those employed by Franklin University.
Saving Email Contents
To ensure the security of University data, forwarding a employee email address onto a non-franklin email address is not allowed.
Employee email is intended as a communication tool, not as a permanent record keeping tool.
If the contents of an email do need to be retained longer than two years, or are important for your role or for the University, here are a few options for storage:
- Individual emails can be stored on OneDrive
- Click the email header to drag it into OneDrive as shown below
- Individual emails can be stored on Teams or SharePoint
- Click the email header to drag it into Teams or SharePoint as shown below
- Official records should be stored in OnBase
- Webforms can be setup to collect important information that feed into other systems rather than information being collected via email
- Please reach out to the Help Desk for more information about this solution
You can click and hold, and then drag an email from your inbox to another location such as OneDrive for storage. This method will preserve the email contents, attachments, and also the date and time of the email arrival. Then, the email file can be stored in an official University storage location such as OneDrive or Teams.
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin University username and password to login: Log A Request