Audience: Franklin University staff, faculty, and students.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
The below article will guide users through installing and signing into the Zoom desktop application on a computer.
- Taking courses: This is the necessary experience for instructors and the recommended experience for students.
- Staff or Faculty Member: This process will grant you a Licensed Zoom account with the University allowing you to access more advanced features of Zoom.
If you are taking courses in Canvas, using the sign in process below will allow your name in Zoom to appear as it does in the Canvas course roster.
Computer Installation and Sign In Instructions
- Download the Zoom Desktop Client application, via the Zoom Download Center.
Step 1 is not necessary when working on a University owned computer.
- Open Zoom on your computer and click on Sign in and then select SSO.
Enter the domain as Franklin
- You will be redirected to a Franklin website. Please sign in with your University account. This is the same account you will use to access myFranklin and your email.
- Once you are signed in select to "Open Zoom Meeting".
- You will now be logged into the Zoom Desktop application.