Audience: Franklin University students taking Health Care courses that contain IHI assignments.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
Some Health Care courses utilize the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) website in the course work. The steps below will detail the sign-up process.
1. Navigate to https://education.ihi.org/ or click on the link in your Canvas course leading you to IHI.
2. Click Create an Account on the website.
3.. We recommend you use your provided Franklin University email address when signing up. This will ensure it is easy to reset the password for this site should it ever be necessary. However, the password for this account is not tied to your Franklin University account and therefore please choose a unique password for this account when signing up.
4. After clicking Create an Account you will required to fill out contact information. You must fill this out to the best of your knowledge as the site will verify that you are a University Student. According to IHI, active University Students may access these resources for free. Required fields are indicated with a red asterisks.
5. Once finished entering your Contact Information and Demographic Information press the Finish button. You will then directed to log in again with the account you have just created. You can also re-click the link for the IHI assignment in your Canvas course.
Issue: Not Enrolled in Courses
Some Health Care student have seen an issue when IHI courses not open showing an option to Enroll. Instead, the Enroll option is replaced with Add-to-cart. This means that at some point during the enrollment process, your account wasn’t treated as a student or learner account, but rather as a guest account. Use the steps below to resolve this issue.
1. Log into your My IHI account.
2. Navigate to the My IHI at the top.
3. This will take you to Your IHI Portal. Scroll down until you see Students and Residents.
4. On the Students and Residents section, click the pencil icon to edit this portion of your profile.
5. Upon editing, look for any missing or incorrect fields, especially those that may indicate to IHI to view your account as a student account. Incorrect or missing fields can result in your account being treated instead as a paying guest account.
6. Next, update the Education Credential Type section. If no other options are applicable, use the option Other Leaner in this field.
7. Upon saving your changes, please wait 15 to 30 minutes for your changes to sync across your IHI account. After the account changes have synced, please click the link embedded in the instructions of the assignment within your Canvas course. From here, you will be able to navigate to and enroll in the required course(s) for this assignment.
If for any reason this does not resolve the issue at hand, and you are still unable to access the required resources, it is recommended that you contact IHI’s support team. You may do so with the information below.