Audience: Franklin University University students handling their financial data using Self Service.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
5. My Refund
How to Make a Payment
If you owe money, payments can be made through the Self Service portal.
1. Log into Self Service Student Finance using your username and password.
2. Click the Payment Options button.
3. Click the link shown below to make a payment.
5. Here you can type in an amount you are wanting to pay. Press Checkout in the lower right-hand corner when you have entered the amount you wish to pay.
6. Use the drop-down to select a payment method if you have previously made a payment. There is an option to enter additional payment methods if you wish to pay with a new credit card, electronic check, or foreign currency. Press Continue Checkout once complete.
7. From here you will be asked to confirm the transaction one last time and accept the terms and conditions
Other Methods of Payment
There are a few other options for payment than listed in the drop-down menu (shown in step 7 above).
Option 1: Using a 529 Savings Plan
Option 2: Setting up a Payment Plan
Use Steps 1 - 3 in the How to Make a Payment section above to log into the Cashnet (payment vendor) website.
In the Overview menu, click on the View payment plan options button.
Please note that you can switch between payment plans. The last plan will allow you to enter your own amount to split into payments.
Option 3: Get help with payments from relative or friend.
Cashnet (our payment vendor) allows you to invite others to assist with payments.
Use Steps 1 - 3 in the How to Make a Payment section above to log into the Cashnet website.
In the Overview menu, click on the Send a payer invitation button.
How to Declare a Method of Payment
Important: You will need to declare a method of payment for each trimester. It is important that the Student Financial Services Department is aware of how you intends to pay your balance.
All tuition and fees are due by the first day of class, and accounts considered delinquent after the first day of class could be placed on administrative restriction due to nonpayment. Therefore, if you intend to pay with Financial Aid, or employer reimbursement, please declare such methods of intended payment.
1. Log into selfservice.franklin.edu using your username and password
2. Open the Student Finance module.
3. Click the Payment Options button.
4. You can declare method of payment using the links. Different methods of payment can be declared separately for each trimester.
5. If you unsure what to choose, you can check the help area (circled in blue).
How to Apply for Deferment
You can also apply for deferment using the links in the area for declaring payment method.
1. Log into Self Service Student Finance using your username and password
2. Click the Payment Options button.
3. Click the deferment application link(s) based on the trimester for which you are applying for deferment.
For more information about deferment, please see the Deferred Tuition Payment section of the following page: https://www.franklin.edu/tuition-financial-aid/payment-options
Important: If your first class for the trimester starts before the midpoint of the trimester, Franklin University’s financial aid is disbursed twice in every trimester. Half of your financial aid is applied in the first disbursement, and half in the second disbursement. Refunds are only distributed if there is a remaining credit to your account after both disbursements are applied.
To learn more about Financial Aid: https://www.franklin.edu/tuition-financial-aid/applying-aid
Obtaining my Refund
You can access your direct deposit information or other chosen method of refunds by visiting refundselection.com once your account is validated. If you need another personal code, please email email@example.com or call 614.947.4700. If you have any questions regarding your set-up options you will need to contact myFranklin Card Customer Care (BankMobile) at 1.877.397.1092 between 8:00 am - 11:00 pm.
When can I expect my refund?
After the second disbursement is applied, you may expect to receive a refund check shortly thereafter or a direct deposit the following Friday.
You may find a disbursement schedule by scrolling down to the Disbursement Schedule area of the following page: https://www.franklin.edu/current-students/financial-services/financial-aid/disbursing-aid
For further questions, please email the Student Financial Services department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes in my enrollment may affect my financial aid eligibility
Important: If you are planning to receive financial aid, it is important to understand that your enrollment hours and academic performance must remain at a certain level to continue to receive full benefits.
My balance shown in Self Service is not the same when I go to make a payment
Please keep in mind that the balance shown in Self Services is a theoretical balance that shows what will happen if/when all financial aid is applied. However, if you attempt to make a payment before all financial aid is applied, you will be prompted to pay the balance without all of your financial aid being applied. To understand how financial aid is applied, please see the section above entitled My Refund.