Audience: Franklin University students using Microsoft Teams for online meetings with an advisor.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
- Instructions for scheduling an appointment with your Advisor: Click Here
1. Your Microsoft Teams Account
2. The Calendar Appointment with your Advisor
3. Attending the Meeting from your Computer
4. Attending the Meeting from your Mobile Device
5. How to Join the Meeting by Phone Call (International Calling)
Please use the guide below if you have already scheduled a Microsoft Teams virtual meeting with your advisor. Instructions for scheduling an appointment with your Advisor: Click Here
Your Microsoft Teams Account
Current students have access to use Microsoft Teams as part of their Microsoft Office365 account, which also provides email access. For more information about using Microsoft Teams as a student, click here
However, if you do not have a Microsoft Office365 account you can still join a Teams meeting. More information is in the video below:
Should you meet with your advisor virtually
, your advisor will send you an invite to the meeting. You can either accept the meeting invite which will add the meeting to your calendar. From that calendar appointment, you can join the meeting. Alternatively, you can use the link in the email to join the meeting. Accepting the meeting invite will signal to your advisor that you have seen the meeting invite from them.
There are 2 supported ways to join the meeting in Microsoft Teams if you don't already have a Teams account:
Join through the Browser
This will allow you to join the meeting if you don't already have a Teams account. Current students do have Teams account through their Franklin University student email. However, this option may be ideal for prospective students.
1. Join the meeting from the meeting invite email or from your calendar.
- To see your calendar if joining by computer: Log in Here
- However over the meeting to see the Join Teams meeting button
2. Join through the browser.
3a. Make sure to allow the meeting to access your computer's microphone or attached headset.
Don't have a microphone or headset for your computer?
3b. You can your phone for meeting audio while running the video and screen sharing through the your computer. Choose the Phone audio button to see a dial in phone number and meeting code for the meeting.
4. Enter your name and choose Join now to start the meeting on your computer.
Microsoft Teams Mobile App
This mobile app will only allow sign in for Office365 accounts. For active students, you can use your student email account. This method does not work with appointments send to outside (non-university or non-Office365) email accounts.
1. Download the Microsoft Teams from Microsoft app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Open the app and sign in using your student email address: [--your username--]@email.franklin.edu
3. Use the Calendar tab to see upcoming meetings.
4. Use the Join button to start the meeting in your app.
Joining the Meeting through a Phone Call (used for International Calling)
Students and Applicants calling from an international location, or when mobile data coverage and WiFi coverage are not available, may wish to utilize the phone-call option to join the meeting.
1. Within the meeting invite, please note the call in phone number (outlined in blue).
2. If needed, you can call in from a different phone number. Alternate phone numbers from many different countries around the world are located within the link labeled Local numbers (outlined in purple).
3. Once you call into the meeting, you will be prompted to enter the conference ID (outlined in green). (The conference ID from the screen shot below is an example conference ID. A difference conference ID will be sent as part of your meeting invitation.)
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin University username and password to login: Log A Request