Audience: Franklin University Faculty and Staff using the Ross Auditorium control panel.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above. Account creation and activation is not guaranteed and must be approved.
Ross Auditorium: Using the Crestron Touch Panel for Audio/Video Controls
- Above is the Welcome screen on the Crestron touch panel.
- Press anywhere on the screen to bring up the home screen
This is the Home screen.
- Press any of the first four buttons to power on the projector, drop down the projector screen, and switch to your desired device.
- A warm up message will show in the upper portion of the touch screen letting you know how much longer until the projector is fully functional.
- Touch the “Blu-ray” button to switch to the Blu-Ray player and bring up its menu.
This is the Blu-ray menu.
- You can control the playback of the Blu-ray player located in the AV cabinet from this menu.
- Press the “Return to Main” button to get back to the Home screen.
- If there is a need to perform a presentation from a laptop, touch the “Guest VGA” or “HDMI” buttons.
- In order for this to function, either the guest VGA+Audio combination cable or the guest HDMI cable (located in the podium) will need to be connected to a computer. The presenter will also need to verify that his or her computer is outputting its display to the projector. On a Windows 7 device, this can be accomplished by pressing the keyboard combination of the Windows key (ÿ) and the letter “P.” A menu will then appear and you can choose “Duplicate” or “Extend” to display content on the projector.
- To use the PC in the podium, touch the “Lectern Computer” button.
- To adjust the volume of individual microphones, touch the “Audio” button.
This is the Audio Input screen.
- Touch the “Inputs” button to access the volume controls for each Microphone.
- At this screen you can turn up, turn down, and mute any Microphone.
- Touch the “Return to Main” button to get back to the Home screen.
- Please use the Audio Input Screen to adjust the volume of each individual Microphone instead of the speech volume controls on the Home Screen.
- The Speech Volume controls increases the volume of all the microphones and can cause hissing over the Ross speaker system.
- To adjust the volume for the Blu-ray player, a guest laptop, or the podium PC, please use the “Program Volume” controls.
- Touch the “Projection” button to control the projector and projector screen.
This is the Projection Screen.
- Here you can turn the projector on and off, mute the image coming from the projector, and raise and drop the projector screen.
- To access additional projector controls touch the “Projector Remote” button.
- From this screen you can zoom and focus the projector, as well as access the projector menu.
- Press “Return to Main” to get back to the Home Screen.
- In the upper right hand corner of the touch panel border is a power button that will turn off the projector, and raise the projector screen.
- Once pressed the above screen will appear. If you want to shut the equipment off touch ‘YES’ if not touch ‘NO’.
- If you touched ‘YES’ the screen above will appear letting you know the system is cooling down.
- You will not be able to turn the equipment back on until the cool down process is 100% complete.
- Once complete the Welcome screen will be visible again and the equipment can be powered back on.