Audience: Franklin University Instructors using Pearson e-textbooks with courseware for their Canvas courses.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
Setting up Pearson MyLab for Your Canvas Courses
1. Locate the Modules section in the left side navbar and click it. Then, click the MyLab Marketing Course Home Manager link shown below.
2. The first time you access MyLab, you will be asked to accept end-user agreement.
2. Click I Accept to continue
3. If you are launching your course for the first time, you will be asked to select a master course to inherit from.
4. Please double check with your lead faculty for the master course ID before you proceed.
5. If you are unsure whether or not your course has been created in MyLab, please contact your Lead Faculty.
6. In some cases, your lead faculty might have already completed the integration process for your section. In this case, you will be taken straight to MyLab the first time you click the learning object in your course.
7. On the Confirm Course Creation screen, you should see the Master Course for your section. Select it and click Create New Course to complete the integration process.
Please be sure you are selecting the correct master course, as once a course is created it cannot be undone.
8. If you do not see the master course ID you are looking for, click "Show advanced options". Check "Copy from existing course" and select the proper master course ID. Click "Create new course" to complete the course creation process.