Audience: Franklin University Faculty and Staff using their university-owned computers to print documents on campus.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
This document can be used to guarantee that sensitive documents do not get accessed by others before you reach the printer. The following will show you how to set up a print-job with a code, so that only you can retrieve that job, and printing will not start until you enter the code into the printer.
1. At your computer, when ready to print click ‘File’ and 'Print'.
2. Select the printer you want.
3. Select ‘Printer Properties’
4. Select the ‘Job Storage’ tab.
5. Select ‘Personal Job’.
6. Change the ‘Make Job Private/Secure’ setting from ‘none’ to ‘PIN to print’.
7. Enter a four-digit PIN of your choosing.
8. After entering the PIN, Click 'OK'.
9. Click 'Print'.
The rest of these steps will be completed by you when physically at the printer.
10. At the printer you selected, on the touch panel find your stored job. Depending on the printer model, you will be looking for:
- Job Storage
- Retrieve from Device Memory
11. Look for and press the folder labeled with your user name (same username that you use to log into your computer).
12. Find and press the file/print-job you need to print.
13. Enter the PIN you set for that print job (Step 7 above).
14. Press the Start button on the printer to print the job. If no physical print button is on the printer, press the green icon on the screen that says "Retrieve from Device Memory" at the top of the screen.
15. The job will be deleted from the printer (no longer a saved print job stored in the printer) once the document has started printing.