Audience: Franklin University Faculty and Staff that have access to team calendars in SharePoint
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
The steps explained below will guide users in connecting a SharePoint calendar with Outlook. Users can schedule new meetings/appointments, see what other users have added, and delete or change meetings and appointment details.
There are many advantages to using a SharePoint calendar; security is managed through SharePoint and if the calendar’s creator leaves the organization, the calendar still exists.
Viewing a SharePoint calendar within Outlook also has the following benefits:
- The Outlook Calendar with automatically sync with SharePoint
- Changes and additions made to the calendar in Outlook will be reflected in SharePoint
- The calendar can be completely managed from Outlook or the SharePoint site, or both
To sync a SharePoint calendar with Outlook, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the calendar in SharePoint
- In the ribbon, click on the Calendar tab, then click "Connect to Outlook"
- Your browser may confirm that you wish to open an external application (Outlook). Click "Yes" or "Allow"
- Outlook will open and you should see the following prompt (choose Yes):
- The calendar will open and you will see it appear in the left-hand column of Outlook underneath the "Other Calendars" heading. You can drag it to a different location if you wish.