Audience: Franklin University members with Office365 email accounts.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
If you are expecting an email but cannot find it, there are a few options to explore.
1. See if the email has been filtered to the non-focused inbox. According to Microsoft. "Focused Inbox helps you move low priority messages out of your Inbox so that you can easily scan for important messages." However, sometimes this feature may be turned on without realization, meaning an email moved out of the focused inbox might still be available.
- For information about locating the Focused Inbox and enabling/disabling the feature: Click Here
2. The email sender may have been previously marked as sending Junk email and become blocked on your account. This can happen even if the sender's email address is part of your organization.
- To verify if the sender has been put on your blocked senders list, please see the following link: Click Here
3. The email may have been quarantined as part of ongoing security measures to secure your identity, account, and/or computer. Quarantined emails are those emails considered junk, spam, phishing, or otherwise malicious; and these quarantined emails do not make it to your email client. Please apply extra caution when reviewing emails that have been quarantined! If you have any doubt about the validity of a quarantined email or its sender, please leave it in its quarantined state!
- For more information about quarantined emails or quarantined email alerts: Click Here