Audience: Franklin University Faculty and Staff approved to meet with students in Student Services rooms 105 - 110, and 115.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
These Student Services Center meeting pods (specific rooms 105 - 110, not 11 or 112) and the larger meeting space for student-facing meetings (room 115) have been designed and approved for meetings to be held during the current COVID19 pandemic.
Things to keep in mind
1. An advisor or representative that is meeting with a prospective or current student, should enter the room with their University-assigned laptop. The laptop can be connected to the docking station, which will allow the student to see what is on the advisor's laptop using the connected nearby monitor. There are not shared computers nor shared keyboards/mice in these rooms for sanitary reasons.
2. After connecting to the docking station, the default image on the second monitor may vary from laptop-to-laptop.
- Mirror: this means the 2nd monitor sees a replication of the first monitor (the laptop lid).
- Warning: Be careful what is on your screen to not expose sensitive data to the student viewing the monitor.
- Extended: The 2nd monitor acts as a 2nd screen. For the student to see what is needed, an application window will need "dragged" onto the 2nd screen.
If needed, these settings can be changed in the Display Settings menu. There are a few ways to access this menu.
- Go to your start menu and type in Display Settings.
- Right click on your desktop and choose Display Settings.
3. While you will be connecting to a docking station, your laptop will still need to use Wi-Fi connection. Your laptop should auto-authenticate to the FranklinSecure Wi-Fi network as soon as you enter the building. If not, you can go to your Wi-Fi settings while on campus and choose FranklinSecure.
Student Service Center pods
Printer Location: Pod Room 111
Printer Name: SS111_01
Colleague Printer ID: P34