Audience: Franklin University Staff and Full-time Faculty working from home during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
To request on-site support of technology
1. Please contact the Help Desk (email@example.com). Many technology issues are able to be resolved remotely, and the Help Desk can verify the root cause of a technology issue through screen sharing sessions.
2. If it is determined that the machine cannot be fixed through screen sharing sessions, the first preference may be to swap your machine with a different working machine. In such cases, the new machine will be mailed to you and you will be asked to use the packaging that the new machine arrived in, to return the broken equipment. Someone from the Help Desk will coordinate this setup with you to make sure your new machine is configured correctly before it is sent to you.
3. If your machine is not able to be swapped through shipping, in-person support is available with safe social distancing. In such cases, the Help Desk will schedule a time with you and the technician to meet. Then, the technician will contact you with details on your arrival, and how the two of you will keep safely distanced from each other throughout the appointment. You will most likely be asked to also communicate with Security once a time has been approved for on-site support.
- Please do not bring children or others to on-site support appointments.
To request additional technology
1. Please submit all technology requests to the Help Desk, except for MAC (Hiring and Transfer) requests. MAC requests need to be initiated directly with HR, who will send a form to you to request technology.
- In the cases of MAC requests, the Help Desk will be notified once the hiring manager has filled out a request form that is emailed from HR. At that time, we contact our support team through our ticketing system.
2. The Help Desk will review your request. If the technology request is approved, the first choice will be to mail the technology to the approved recipient.
3. As some technology cannot be mailed, there are a few cases in which in-person pickup may be approved. If approved, in-person pickup will require safe social distancing. In such cases, the Help Desk will schedule a time with you and the technician to complete the pickup. Then, the technician will contact you with details on your arrival, and how the two of you will keep safely distanced from each other throughout the pick-up. You will most likely be asked to also communicate with Security once a time has been approved for on-site pickup.
- Please do not bring children or others to on-site pick up appointments.
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin University username and password to login: Log A Request