Audience: Franklin University members using the Kramer VIA presentation software.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
The Kramer VIA software and corresponding hardware allows a user that is using a university-deployed classroom PCs to display their screen onto the installed TVs and/or Projector within the room. The Kramer VIA software and corresponding hardware is installed in the following room(s):
- Fisher Hall 164 (Franklin Campus)
How to use the Application
1. Make note of the displayed IP address on the display. Many locations also have a posted physical sign with the IP address listed.
2. Open the Kramer VIA software on the PC desktop.
3. When prompted, please enter the IP address. For more information, please see step 1. You should also enter your name in the Nick Name field. When the information is entered, press the Login button.
4. Next, on the presentation screen you are attempting to project to, a code will be displayed that must be entered in the Code field.
5. Once you are connected through the VIA software, whatever is showing on your primary display screen can be projected onto the shared screen when using the Present button.
- The front projector needs to be on input HDMI 2
- The back aver panel needs to be on input HDMI 1
- If you continue to have issues, please contact the Help Desk: helpdesk.franklin.edu
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin University username and password to login: Log A Request