Audience: Franklin University BlueQuill users.
In this article:
Notification Center Overview
The notification center is a feature that allows the University to send out messages to students about their University account. These messages may be about your financial account, registration information, and more.
It is important to note that these messages do not come from your Instructors. The messages are from the University and are not related to course work, class communications, feedback, or any other specific course notifications.
For a brief overview of this tool, see the video below:
Using the Notification Center
When you first log in to BlueQuill, you will see the Notification Center tab underneath the Hub tab on the far right-hand side of the screen.
The orange circle on the tab has a number that indicates how many notifications you have. If you have any urgent messages, the Notification Center will automatically open up, like so:
The Notification Center is a simple pop-up window that displays your notifications as a list on the left and the details of the message on the right. You can click on each notification to view more information or use the up and down arrow keys to navigate between each message.
There are 2 types of messages, urgent and standard.
- Urgent messages cause the notification center to open upon login and are marked with an orange exclamation mark next to them. These messages require action before they can be removed from your notification center. An example of an urgent message would be that you have a past balance due.
- Standard messages appear in your notification center, but do not require any action. They are marked with a blue speech bubble next to them. These messages are usually something important but don't require immediate action. An example would be a notification reminding you about registering for the next semester.
Each message will have a date listed next to it to let you know when the notification appeared. This can be useful in case you performed an action but the notification has not disappeared yet. This is normal and is nothing to worry about, notifications can take up to 48 hours to disappear.
To delete messages:
- Check the checkbox next to each notification you would like to delete, or click "Select All" to check all messages.
- Click on the "Delete" button to delete the selected messages.
- NOTE: Urgent messages cannot be deleted. They require you to perform an action first and then the message will automatically be deleted within 24-48 hours.