Audience: Franklin University users trying to log into student databases as instructed through certain computer science courses.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above. If you are not enrolled in courses with specific instructions to access these databases, your access will be denied and the instructions below will not be successful.
You may set up the free WinSCP software to access Einstein using the instructions below.
- Download the latest version of WinSCP by clicking on the "Installation Package" link on the following website: https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
- After the file download is complete, open or run the downloaded software to being the installation process.
- Click "Next" to begin the installation process.
- Select “I accept to the agreement” and click “Next”.
- Check the default setting, “Typical installation”, and click “Next”.
- Check the default setting, “Commander Interface”, and click “Next”.
- Click the “Install” button to initiate the installation.
- You will now be prompted to restart your computer. Please save any unsaved work and close out of any other programs on your PC before clicking the “Finish” button.
- After your PC has rebooted, please open the WinSCP application from the Start Menu. This will open the connection profile screen.
- Leave “File Protocol” set to “SFTP”
- Enter franklin.edu into the “Host name” field if you would like to connect to the Einstein server.
- Enter franklin.edu into the “Host name” field if you would like to connect to the CODD server.
- Enter your Franklin username (same as used for MyFranklin, not your email address) and password in the “User name” and “Password” fields.
- Click the “Save” button to save your connection profile.
- You may now login with your new connection profile by clicking on the “Login” button. You will be prompted by a warning message the first time that you login. You may click the “Yes” button to proceed.
- The WinSCP interface will appear with two panels. The left panel is a file explorer window for files that are located on your PC. The right panel represents files that are stored on the server for your account.
You have successfully setup WinSCP on your computer. This software can be used to drag and drop files from the left panel into the right panel so that they may be stored on the server. You may also copy and paste files in the same fashion, as well as perform these functions from a Windows File explorer window instead of using the left panel in WinSCP.
For additional questions and concerns regarding the Einstein and CODD server, please contact your instructor. However, if you experience any errors during the installation process or during the use of WinSCP, please open a request with the Help Desk so that we may assist you further.