Audience: Franklin University students.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
While your official student name is pulled from your student record, you can adjust your preferred first name to be displayed in some systems should you choose. You can also update preferred pronoun as well.
- If you are looking for an official name change for your full student record, please click here.
Preferred name changes and pronoun preferences can be set in Self Service. Changes made may take up to 8 hours to apply to the following systems:
- Self Service
- and more
1. Log into selfservice.franklin.edu with your student account.
2. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner and select User Profile.
3. In your user profile, select Edit Personal Identity to update your preferred name and pronoun. Make sure to save changes when finished. If nothing is populated in either editable field, than preferred name and pronoun are pulling instead from the official student record.
1. Please make sure to only make preferred name adjustments in Self Service. Changes made in other systems such as Canvas, may be reverted.
2. Please do not include special characters such as: " * & and more. Such characters will be removed. However, hyphens will be accepted.
3. Please allow up to 8 hours after your changes are made in Self Service for this change to reflect in the systems listed above.
4. If you are not currently registered for courses, your preferred name change will update 8 hours after your next registration.
5. If you have questions regarding a university system where the preferred name change is not displayed after making a change, please consult the Help Desk. Some systems may not accept preferred name changes if they require official names for regulation.
Wish to log a request with the Help Desk? Use your Franklin University username and password to login: Log A Request