Audience: Franklin University Faculty and Students.
Disclaimer: The results and functionality of the following article only apply to the audience listed above.
Currently, the following classrooms have, or will soon have auto-login enabled for their computers (this does not apply to the instructor computer - only the student computers).
- Frasch 412
- Frasch 422
Auto-login is meant to establish a Windows profile for using the computer. However, connection to University Wi-Fi will still need completed by each student using the computer.
Logging into Windows
1. When waking up the computer, you should see this screen. Press the OK button. If you do not see this screen when you first wake up the computer, please restart it.
Logging into Wi-Fi
2. After logging into Windows, press this icon to expose the Internet Settings menu.
3. Press the Wi-Fi button to turn on Wi-Fi. When switched on, the button will turn blue.
4. Then the system will attempt to connect the student to the FranklinSecure Wi-Fi network. Each student will need to use their username and password (same as they would for myFranklin) to access FranklinSecure Wi-Fi. When you see the popup as shown below, click on it to login into Wi-Fi with your student username and password. Your username is the first part of your email address before the "@" symbol.
Other things to keep in mind
5. Due to the pre-loaded Windows profile on each machine, these machines are setup to not lock. However, the laptop may go to sleep after a period of inactivity. If a machine does go to sleep, simply wake it up and your Windows session should still be active.
6. When each class is over, please restart your computer.